Hall of Fame
We’ve had so many amazing experiences over the past 45 years – here are some of the highlights!
- World Symposium on Choral Music (cancelled due to COVID-19), Aukland, New Zealand (July 2020
- Children’s Choir in Residence at World Youth & Children’s Choir Festival, Hong Kong (2019)
- National Choral Conference, Podium, Newfoundland (2018)
- American Choral Directors Association Conference, Minneapolis, USA (March 2017)
- America Cantat 8 Festival, Nassau, Bahamas (August 2016)
- Pan Am Games Closing Ceremony, Toronto (2015)
- R. Murray Schafer’s Apocalypsis at Luminato, Toronto (2015)
- Polyfollia, 6th World Showcase and Marketplace for Choral Singing, Saint-Lô, France (2014)
- 10th World Symposium on Choral Music, International Federation for Choral Music, Seoul, South Korea (2014)
- 1st Xinghai International Choir Championships, Guangzhou, China (2012): Grand Prize, Children’s Choir Category
- ACCC Biannual Convention, Ottawa, Ontario (2012)
- Festival 500, St. John’s, Newfoundland (2011)
- Kaleid Choral Festival, Woodstock, Ontario (2010)
- The Hour with George Stroumboulopoulos, performance with indie-rock band, Metric, Toronto (2009)
- “Let the People Sing” Euroradio Choral Competition – staged by the European Broadcasting Union in Oslo, Norway, with participation via satellite from Glenn Gould Studio, Toronto (2009): 1st Place, Children’s Category
- Loto-Quebec World Choral Singing Competition in Montreal, Quebec (2009): Grand Prize Winner
- “Let the Future Sing” 70th Choral Festival, Stockholm, Sweden (2009)
- CBC National Radio Gala Competition, Montreal, Quebec (2008): Cantabile Grand Prize Award
- CBC National Radio Choral Competition for Amateur Choirs (2008): Children’s Category Winner & Best Canadian Performance by Youth
- Songbridge Choral Festival, Szczecin, Poland (2008)
- Tolosa Choral Competition, Tolosa, Spain (2006): “Audience Choice” Award and 2nd Prize
- Festival 500, St. John’s, Newfoundland (2005)
- 10th International Choral Kathaumixw Festival, British Columbia (2002)
- 25th Anniversary Tour of Atlantic Canada (2000)
- Performance with Celine Dion at the JUNO Awards in Hamilton (1999)
- New York City Tour (1999)
- Maritime Tour, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia (1996)
- Peace and Harmony Tour, France (1994)
- Unity Tour, Nova Scotia (1992)
- Quebec and Maritime Tour (1988)
Sign up to receive updates of events and courses and our monthly newsletter.
Sign up for our Newsletter
I feel so honoured to be a chorister with the HCC. It has opened up my learning capabilities and allowed me to express myself artistically in an amazing environment.
I credit being part of the choir assisting me in my career path, giving me confidence in front of groups of people and giving me the ability to be successful and grow quickly in my roles.
What the HCC does best is give people who are feeling like they don’t belong a place to express themselves, and as a young artist… that’s truly invaluable.
Through the HCC, I’ve made so many strong friendships and advanced musically to a level I never thought I could. The HCC is a safe learning environment in which choristers and director learn more than just music, which is brought together by a common goal.
The ways in which my years as part of the HCC have affected my life and who I am today are too manifold to count. HCC was the most influential experience of my teenage years and I am incredibly grateful for it.
There’s a perfect balance of discipline, work ethic, fun, and creativity that’s encouraged within this group. You learn how to pull together as a team: both musically and intellectually. You succeed alongside one another. You encourage each other’s highs and are there for one another for the lows. You literally learn how to breathe together: what could be more magical than that?
When I joined the HCC, suddenly there was a whole room of people who felt the exact same way I did when I was singing.