Sing With Us
If you are between the ages of 18 months and 24 years, have a passion for singing, are eager to learn more about music, enjoy performing, and want to broaden your musical horizons – then come SING with us!
We have programming for all ages and levels of experience.
Curious About HCC?
We’d love for you to sing with us!
When you’re part of HCC, you will:
- learn about music, performance, and how your voice works
- feel safe to make discoveries about yourself
- collaborate and grow within a community of fellow artists
- experience the joy of belonging
- gain confidence in your innate intuition and capacity
- create lifelong friendships (just ask our alumni!)
What to Expect
Please come prepared to:
- sing a song of your choice (ideally it’s a common folk song – Twinkle Twinkle, Happy Birthday, O Canada), but we’ll happily listen to whatever the young singer feels excited to perform
- take part in some ear-training and music reading activities (rhythm clapbacks, melody echos, note reading)
- chat a bit about your musical background (even if the answer is very short!) and your interests
- spend 20 minutes, maximum, meeting with us
Usually, vocal assessments are held at Christ’s Church Cathedral (252 James St. N) or Hillfield Strathallan College (299 Fennell Ave W) in Hamilton. Your location and meeting time will be confirmed when you sign up for an assessment. Please read the details carefully once the session is confirmed.
Come Sing With Us!
Sign up to receive updates of events and courses and our monthly newsletter.
I feel so honoured to be a chorister with the HCC. It has opened up my learning capabilities and allowed me to express myself artistically in an amazing environment.
I credit being part of the choir assisting me in my career path, giving me confidence in front of groups of people and giving me the ability to be successful and grow quickly in my roles.
What the HCC does best is give people who are feeling like they don’t belong a place to express themselves, and as a young artist… that’s truly invaluable.
Through the HCC, I’ve made so many strong friendships and advanced musically to a level I never thought I could. The HCC is a safe learning environment in which choristers and director learn more than just music, which is brought together by a common goal.
The ways in which my years as part of the HCC have affected my life and who I am today are too manifold to count. HCC was the most influential experience of my teenage years and I am incredibly grateful for it.
There’s a perfect balance of discipline, work ethic, fun, and creativity that’s encouraged within this group. You learn how to pull together as a team: both musically and intellectually. You succeed alongside one another. You encourage each other’s highs and are there for one another for the lows. You literally learn how to breathe together: what could be more magical than that?
When I joined the HCC, suddenly there was a whole room of people who felt the exact same way I did when I was singing.